Sunday, September 14, 2014

Sugarpill Electrocutes

I'd been wanting the Sugarpill Electrocute sparkling neon pigments since they came out a year ago but I honestly haven't bought a lot of makeup in that period. I finally gave in and bought all the Electrocutes and the Heart Breaker palette and I'm super excited!



Now, lets be honest: Neon and glitter are tough things to work with and the combination in the Electrocutes is no exception. They're a pain! But since I can't think of anything else with a similar look, I'm willing to work with it ;)

Right now, my biggest problem is that with all the hard work of applying the colors, I still can't seem to get good pictures of it!


Working with Electrocutes

 Neon colors can apply a bit unevenly but I find that a colored base fixes that. To make the glitter stick, I've used Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy. Yes, that's two bases for one shadow but I think it's worth it.

Another easy way to use them is as eyeliner. Scroll to the bottom for more information :)







Products used:

Eyes:
MAC Untitled paint as a base
Sugarpill Acidberry eyeshadow
Sugarpill Midori eyeshadow
MAC Primary Yellow chromaline (base under yellow)
Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy (to make the Hi-Viz stick)
Sugarpill Hi-Viz neon pigment
MAC Blanc Type eyeshadow
MAC Minted eye kohl
MAC Landscape Green chromaline
MAC #7 lashes

Brows:
Make Up For Ever Aquabrow

Face:
MAC Prep+Prime face protect
MAC Studio Sculpt foundation, NC15
MAC Prep+Prime transparent finishing powder

Cheeks:
MAC Peaches blush

Lips:
MAC Temperature Rising lip liner (limited edition)
MAC Vegas Volt lipstick


Electrocutes as eyeliner

The combination of neon and glitter makes such a pretty eyeliner! I mixed a bit of pigment with MAC Eyeliner Mixing Medium (PRO), applied it as a liner and applied a dry layer of pigment on top to really make the color stand out.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails