Sunday, December 28, 2008

Dark purple with glitter!

This look is a couple of weeks old... I did it before I went to Paris but never got the time to post the pictures ;)

I wore it for work :) It's great to have glitters out with Metal Urge so I can actually wear glitter to work ;)

It's so sad that glitters don't show better in pictures but we all know how that is ;)

..I couldn't find any earrings that I wanted to wear so I got a little creative with liquidlasts ;)


And just to show that yes, I can smile:


I used:

Eyes:
ArtDeco eyeshadow base
MAC Blacktrack f/l (base, liner)
DUO glue + MAC Reflects very pink glitter
MAC Violet pigment
MAC Beautiful Iris e/s
Some highlight color
MAC Aqualine lll

Cheeks:
MAC Pink Swoon blush
MAC Reflects very pink glitter (Doesn't show in the pics)

Lips:
MAC studio touch-up stick NC 15
MAC Hue lipstick
MAC Fulfilled plushglass

Face:
MAC Studio Tech foundation NW15
MAC Light MSF natural


How to recreate the look:

Eyes:
- Apply whatever eyeshadow base/primer you like
- Apply a black base to your eyelid. I used Blacktrack f/l. Other options are Mehron AQ makeup, MAC Blackground paint pot, MAC Sharkskin shadestick or NYX Black Bean jumbo pencil. Even a black pencil eyeliner will do ;)
- Smudge the edge of the black base. That'll make the colors easier to blend later.
- Apply your highlight color.
- Apply Violet pigment where the black base is smudged.
- Apply Beautiful Iris to blend the Violet into the highlight. I used it on the inner corners of my eyes as well.
- Dab a thin layer of DUO lash glue onto your eyelid using a finger or a q-tip. Using a brush is a bad idea since it's super hard to get the glue of the hairs when it's dry!
- Apply the glitter where you put the DUO. That way it'll stay in place and won't get in your eyes. I used my finger but a brush or a q-tip is fine too ;)
- Apply eyeliner on upper lashline - I used Blacktrack.
- I used Blacktrack f/l with Violet pigment on top to line my lower lashline. A brush like the MAC 219 is great for this.
- Apply little dots on the inner corners of your eyes using liquidlast liner if you'd like ;)

Cheeks:
Apply Pink Swoon blush and pink glitter using a regular blush brush. I concentrated both products on the apples of my cheeks and blended out.

Lips:
- Apply concealer on your lips. Even though I use NW in foundation I like to use NC for covering my lips. That'll neutralize the red in my lips a bit.
- Apply Hue lipstick. This doesn't change the color much but it's more comfortable on the lips.
- Apply Fulfilled plushglass to add extra shine

6 comments:

Marie said...

That's some awesome purpleness! Just about the prettiest purple eyeshadow makeup I've ever seen, actually!
Keep up the good work, tillykke!

Zoffe said...

Thank you so much! :)
Really glad you like it :]

Chunthulia said...

Hej!

Fandt dig på BM, og er blevet hooked på at läse din blog - den er virkelig spändende! :)

Elsker den make-up du lägger. Det var bare det jeg ville sige.

- Trine.

Zoffe said...

Hej Trine :D

Tusind tak!
Jeg er super glad for du synes den er spændende! Nogle ideer til hvordan den kunne blive bedre? :)

//Sofie

Chunthulia said...

Umm... altså, ikke lige her og nu, nej, hehe. Er lidt tom for idéer p.t., men layoutet ville väre det eneste, som jeg kunne foreslå. Altid spändende at lave layouts, synes jeg, haha, men det er så bare mig.

Synes det er perfekt som du skriver og lägger billeder op! Så kan man ligesom også se, hvordan resultate skal se ud, hvis man selv skal afpröve det - har stödt på en del make-up blogs, hvor de ikke smider billeder op, men bare har en beskrivning. Man bliver sådan lidt "eh... jamen...??", hehe :P

- Trine.

Sexy Sadie said...

Ser for meg den look kan bli glott med en svart lipgloss over leppene. Lancome har en ute nu snart...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails