Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Makeup on the Internet: Abbreviations

You may not find all of these in my blog but they're all beauty related :)

CCB - Cream Colour Base (an all-over product that MAC makes)
CCO - Cosmetic Company Outlet (store where you can find MAC and other makeup brands with a discount. I've never been to one since we don't have them in Denmark but I believe there are CCOs in the US and UK)
CP - Custom purchase. When you get someone else to buy something for you and send it to you.
e/l - eyeliner
d/g - Dazzleglass (A type of lipgloss that MAC makes. Sheer in colour but extremely glittery)
EOTD - eye(s) of the day
e/s - eyeshadow
f/l - fluidline (MACs gel eyeliner)
FOTD - face(s) of the day(s)
ISO - in search of. When you post a list in a forum of things you're looking for you label it "ISO".
l/g - lip gloss
l/l - lip liner
l/s - lipstick
MA - makeup artist
MES - mineralized eyeshadow
MSF - mineralized skinfinish. A mineral powder that MAC has. It comes in natural powder shades as well as shimmery colors that can be used as blush/bronzer/highlight
MUFE - Makeup Forever
p/p - Paint pot (a creme eyeshadow that MAC makes)
SA - sales associate
s/s - shadestick (an eyeshadow stick that MAC makes)
UD - Urban Decay
UDPP - Urban Decay Primer Potion (an eyeshadow base that many people like to use. I've never tried it though)

I'll update this list whenever I find something to add to it :)

5 comments:

Angela said...

You're amazing! I've read these abbreviations so many times in blogs and have always wondered what a few of them actually meant!
Thanks for posting this!
I don't know if you want to include it, but I've seen a lot of people using UDPP for Urban Decay's Primer Potion.

Zoffe said...

You're welcome! :) I'm just glad it actually helped someone! :)
I'll def. add UDPP to the list! :)

Crissy said...

I joined one of those makeup forums awhile ago and got confused by that. Everything was abbreviated!

I was wondering what MES and MSF were. Thanks for posting :D

Erin said...

I also have one of these on my blog. I did for the same reason you did! It's so helpful. And thanks to your list I forgot to add some to mine, thanks Zoffe!

Zoffe said...

You're welcome, Crissy :D

Did I forget some too, Erin? I'll take a look at the list on your blog ! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails