Monday, November 10, 2008

Youtube tutorials

As most of you who have found my blog probably know, I make video tutorials on youtube.
If you didn't know, take a look at my channel, here: Zoffen's youtube :)

I started out doing video tutorials but my web cam was super shitty so I bought a new one that was supposed to be good at recording stuff for youtube. That didn't work much better so the last videos have been picture-tutorials.

I'd really love to do more tutorials than I do but the picture-tutorials take SO much time to do! It obviously takes a little longer to do the makeup when I have to take pictures of each step but the worst part is the editing... Ugh... Resizing and cropping all the pictures and putting them together in Movie Maker... Damn!

I don't really know what I want to do. I already wasted a lot of money on the new webcam so I don't think I'll be buying a new cam just for tutorials any time soon /:
Should I just stick to my picture tutorials or should I buy a new camera to make videos? Would it be worth it?

And while we're at it... Any ideas for tutorials I should do? :)

5 comments:

Kat said...

i bought a casio exilim camera recently for youtube tutorials - its got a special setting actually made for youtube recording - it gives the perfect compression rate when you upload it :) & the pics that the camera takes are superb.

Posey said...

dei loveee picture tutorials! more so then videos to be honest. i like that i can scroll throught he pics faster if i know how to do a step, or set in my ways on a certain step!!!!

keep up with the pic tutorialsssss! i love them!


Also, i left a comment that your blog wasnt working on Specktra, but now it is!!!??? idont know what i did lol

Zoffe said...

kat: That's so cool that it has a youtube setting! :P But it's aroung $300-400 here so it's a bit much just to make tutorials :(

posey: I like picture tutorials too! It's just SO much faster to do a video so I would do a lot more tuts if only I had a good camera ;) But I'll make sure to keep doing picture tutorials! :)

SlvrGrndM99 said...

Does your reg. digi cam not do vids?

Zoffe said...

slvrgrndm99 - unfortunately it doesn't :/ It's a single-lens reflex camera (I guess that's what it's called in English :P ) so it's great for pictures but can't do video.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails