Tuesday, February 23, 2010

High Voltage Cosmetics: Swatches


I was lucky enough to get these products sent to me by the lovely Jasmine from High Voltage Cosmetics!
5 samples, 1 full sized loose eyeshadow and 1 full sized eyeshadow base.

I swatched everything I got, so keep reading to see swatches and my initial thoughts on each product! :)



The swatches below are:
1: Totally Rad!
2: Poisoned Apple
3: I Love Rock N Roll
4: Rule Breaker
5: Fairy Blood
6: Pixie Dust

The swatches were done on the High Voltage eyeshadow base at the bottom, ArtDeco eyeshadow base in the middle and without at base at the top.

I have only tried the High Voltage eyeshadow base for these swatches and haven't used it as an actual base on my lids yet, but I'll post a full review once I've tested it for some time :)

You can click on all pictures to see the full size!

 

 
1: Totally Rad!
I'm really glad that this is the color I got a full size of instead of just a sample. It's a really great, bright green with a bit of shine without it being too much.

2: Poisoned Apple
This is probably the most unique shadow out of the ones I got.

It's a dark green with a lighter green duo chrome that looks amazing on top of a darker base!

3: I Love Rock N Roll
This color is described as a "Light Pastel Yellow" on the site, but I think it's more than just a "pastel yellow" - I think it has a bit of a lime green to it as well.

4: Rule Breaker
I haven't used this color yet, but it seemed really smooth and pigmented when swatched!

5: Fairy Blood
I haven't used this either, but just like Rule Breaker, Fairy Blood seemed to have great color payoff and was easy to get to apply evenly. It's more of an orange red, but still quite bright

6: Pixie Dust
The swatch pictures don't really do this color justice :( I have a tutorial coming up where I'll be using this, so you'll be able to see the color better :)



Full sized shadows are $3.50 each and samples are $1.00 each

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails