Saturday, June 26, 2010

In the Groove goodies!

Anyone else excited for In The Groove?! :)

Unfortunately, all the products above aren't mine, but I had the chance to borrow them and swatch them all for you! :)

I also filmed a tutorial with some of the products but I'm not sure if I'll be able to have it up before I leave for London tomorrow morning. I'm working on it! :)




The Eyeshadows


All eyeshadow swatches are on top of ArtDeco eyeshadow base.
From left to right:
  • Soften the Mood: "Satin light brown/Pearly rose/Satin light blue"
  • Fresh & Easy: "Satin pink/Pearly burgundy/Satin grey"
  • Togetherness: "Satin lavender/Pearly purple/satin grey"
  • Style Influencer: "Satin silver/Pearly deep blue/Satin deep mauve brown"
  • Love to Love: "Satin beige/Pearly Bronze/Satin Brown"
In The Groove shadows that I didn't have the chance to swatch:
  • In The Groove: "Satin green/Pearly burgundy/Satin coral"
  • Making It Easy: "Satin red brown/Pearly beige rose/Satin dark beige"
  • Calm, Cool & Collected: "Satin deep green/Pearly green/Satin beige"
  • Blue My Mind: "Satin light blue/Pearly deep teal/Satin black"
My thoughs and favorites
The texture of these shadows is quite different from the regular Mineralize shadows. They're much, much smoother and they're not nearly as glittery. I like these ones more than the super glittery ones MAC has come out with before, but these new ones might not be as unique? What do you think? :)

Togetherness is amazing! I love, love, love the dark purple in the middle and the other colors in the trio aren't bad either! ;)
Love to Love is another great one! I don't think I'll buy it myself because I have so many things like it, and don't use colors like these too much, but it's really a great trio!
I'm also loving the middle color in Soften the Mood but not enough to get the entire trio :/

The Blushes
The swatches on the bottom are the two colors in each blush mixed.
From left to right:
  • Happy together: "Satin caramel/Pearly beige"
  • New Vibe: "Satin deep rose/Pearly bronze"
  • Band of Roses: "Satin blue pink/Pearly light plum"
In The Groove blushes that I didn't have the chance to swatch:
  • A Little Big of Sunshine: "Satin light brown/Pearly beige"
  • Hang Loose: "Satin bright pink/Pearly lavender"
My thoughs and favorites
Like the eyeshadows, these mineral blushes aren't as glittery as ones seen before and I'm happy to see that.
I love blushes that give a bit of a glow, but super glittery blushes aren't really my thing, since I prefer to use another product to add glitter - that way I have complete control over how much color and how much glitter  I get on ;)
I also really like the idea of duo blushes since both colors can be used individually or you can mix them to make a completely different color!

New Vibe is a great duo blush and is definitely my favorite out of the three I tried! Both colors in the duo blush are really pretty by themselves but they're even more amazing when mixed and used together! I'm honestly not sure if I'll buy it myself just because I don't use colors like these very often, but if you have darker skin than me, you definitely need to check this one out!

The Lip Products
From left to right:
  • You've Got It cremesheen glass : "Mid-tone silver grey"
  • Chillin' cremesheen glass : "Light White Blue"
  • Going Casual cremesheen glass : "Sheer lilac"
  • Right Image cremesheen glass : "Mid-tine blue pink"
  • All Styled Up lipstick: "Bright yelow pink"

In The Groove blushes that I didn't have the chance to swatch:
  • On The Scene cremesheen glass: "Light coral beige"
  • Fashion Whim cremesheen glass: "Light beige"
  • Call My Bluff lipstick: "Mid-tine creamy coffee"
  • Jazzed lipstick: "Bright coral pink"
  • I Like It Like That lipstick: "Deep blue pink"
  • Go For It lipstick "Mid-tine blue purple"

My thoughs and favorites
I usually prefer more pigmented glosses, but the great thing about the cremesheen glasses is how they feel on the lips! So lovely and reamy!
All the lipsticks have the Cremesheen formula which isn't usually my favorite. I don't mind cremesheen lipsticks as long as the colors are great though, and there are definitely some great colors in there!

Chillin' cremesheen glass is an obvious favorite of mine! It's blue, but it's actually not bold at all! It looks super cool on top of a lot of different things :)
All Styled Up lipstick is such a nice pink. At first, I thought it looked really similar to Pink Nouveau lipstick, but it's more like a mix of Pink Nouveau and Saint Germain - SO PRETTY! :)

Go For It is what I'm looking forward to the most from the collection! I remember when I tried it at MAC Update, and it's an absolutely amazing color. It's just a true purple! And it's extra amazing with Chillin' on top :D 

Other products
Besides the products I swatched, the collection also features repromotes of four Mineralized Skinfinishes - By Candlelight, Stereo Rose, Comfort and Petticoat.


In The Groove is releasing in the US and Canada on July 8th and in the rest of the world later in July. Here in Denmark, the release date is July 15th.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails