Friday, February 27, 2009

Review: Urban Decay deluxe eyeshadow palette

I finally got a chance to get this when I saw it in a makeup sale in a LiveJournal community and I was really happy when it arrived :)
We can't get Urban Decay here in Denmark so I've never had the chance to try any of their products before so this palette was a great way to try many of their shadows at once.

Packaging + applicators: 4/5
I like the packaging - it's super cute, sturdy and works great.
It has a mirror inside but I never really use mirrors in my palettes so that doesn't matter much to me.
The palette comes with two sponge tip applicators which I hate! I hate sponge tip applicators in general and don't like that palettes come with these. That's the reason people don't think they need brushes, lol ;)

Product: 4/5
I must admit that I love the eyeshadows! The pigmentation is great, they are easy to blend and there is a wide variety of colors in the palette.
There's just one thing missing: a light highlight color!
I mean, I have quite a few highlight colors already but I don't really think a palette is complete without one since I like the idea of having all the colors I need for a look in one palette so I don't have to bring anything but one palette when I sleep at someone else's house or wherever I bring my makeup ;)
The palette also comes with a mini Primer Potion which I was looking forward to try. I haven't had a chance to compare it to my other primers/bases yet but I will let you know as soon as I've had the chance :)

Overall: 4/5
I think it's a great product - especially for the price. You get to try several different colors and even the oh-so-famous Primer Potion without having to buy all the full sized products.
The only reason this isn't a 5/5 is because there isn't a highlight color and because of the useless spongetip applicators - it would have been much better to just not include any applicators at all.

Will I buy again?
Probably not but only because I don't think I'll ever use up all the coloros ;) If I use up one of the colors I will definitely buy it again but I think I'll just buy the full sized shadow then :)


Check out these looks to see what I've done with the palette so far:
Purple look using UD Ransom
Blue look using UD Peace
Orange look using UD Graffiti as liner


Pictures and swatches will be up as soon as I get home and have a chance to take pictures :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails