Tuesday, April 6, 2010

HAUL: China Glaze and OPI



As some of you may be aware, China Glaze and OPI isn't available where I live. It might be possible to buy OPI at some salons, but they're crazy expensive. I'm pretty sure I saw them for around $30 once!

Ohh, the joys of online shopping! ;)



What I got:
  • China Glaze Ruby Pumps
  • China Glaze Emerald Sparkle
  • China Glaze 5 Golden Rings
  • China Glaze Tinsel
  • China Glaze Flying Dragon
  • OPI La Paz-Itively Hot Matte
So, none of these colors are exactly new. They were just ones I had been wanting for a long time, so I decided those would be good for my first online nailpolish haul :)
The first four colors came in the "Love You Snow Much" Christmas set from 2009, Flying Dragon was in the Ink collection from 2008 and Paz-Itively Hot is from the Matte fall collection from 2009.

Where I got it
I bought these at 8ty8 Beauty.


International shipping and handling is $16 for up to 6 bottles op nailpolish, so if you only buy China Glaze (which retail for $2.68 a bottle) you'll end up paying almost as much for shipping as you do for the actual product.

Still, it's a pretty good deal though and shipping was pretty quick. I placed my order on March 25th(a Thursday), it shipped on the 29th(a Monday) and I received it on the 3rd of April(a Saturday).


Ordering polishes online
When ordering polishes online, shipping is going to be expensive, especially for international orders.
Check each site out and e-mail the companies about shipping costs if you have to. When you know the shipping costs you can then decide which site you want to buy from.
A polish might be $2.68 on one site and $2.99 on another, but the site that sells the actual product for $2.99 might end up being cheaper when you calculate shipping!

I've heard good things about Head2Toe too but they won't ship China Gazes outside of the US and when I e-mailed them about shipping costs I got a very short answer that really wasn't helpful.
Trans Design is another site to check out. I've only heard good things about that store and it looks like shipping will be a little cheaper with them compared to 8ty8 if you plan on getting between 6 and 9 polishes at a time.



Comment time!
  • What are your favorite nail polish colors?
  • Where do you buy them?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails