Monday, May 20, 2013

Grande Lumiere

I used to use my Ben Nye Grande Lumiere palette all the time. Probably because I got it when I was first getting into makeup and wanted everything BRIGHT and SHINY.
Looking at that palette really makes me think about how much my makeup style has changed. I'm still head over heels in love with bright colors and glitter but it seems to be in a very different way.
At least I like to think that there's more attention to the details in the looks that I do now compared to the "one bright color on the lid and another bright color in the crease and I'm done"-type of looks that I used to do.

And so I give you a quick look inspired by the 17-year-old me* with the help of my beloved Ben Nye palette!















I used:

Eyes:
MAC Untitled paint
Ben Nye Sun Yellow eyeshadow
Ben Nye Tangerine eyeshadow
Sugarpill Dollipop eyeshadow
MAC Maria's Magic eyeshadow (Limited edition. Used a tiiiiny bit to blend out Dollipop)
Sugarpill Love+ eyeshadow
MAC Dipdown fluidline
MAC #3 lashes
MAC Army of Amazons mascara (Limited edition)

Face:
MAC Strobe liquid
MAC Matchmaster foundation 1.0

Brows:
MAC Dirty Blonde fluidline brow gelcreme (Limited edition)
MAC Omega eyeshadow

Cheeks:
MAC : Lush-Light Bronze (Limited edition)
Benefit Moon Beam

Lips:
MAC Blankety. Aka. my new found love!



*17-year-old me would never ever have worn bronzer. That was probably for the best though. I'm not sure I would have blended it enough...




What was your makeup style as a teenager?




LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails