Tuesday, March 2, 2010

FOTD: Orange-y look using MAC Spring Colour Forecast

For once, I actually had time to take pictures before work!
Not a lot of time though, so these were all taken in a terrible hurry, haha :)

 


 
  
  
  
  

I used:
Eyes:
MAC Bare Canvas paint
MAC Stacked 2! (The gold and peach colors. LE w/ Spring Colour Forecast '10)
MAC Vanilla e/s
MAC Straw Harvest e/s (LE w/ Spring Colour Forecast '10)
MAC Hot Hot Hot e/s (LE w/ Spring Colour Forecast '10)
MAC Dipdown f/l
MAC #36 lashes

Face:
MAC Mineralize foundation NC15
MAC Blot Powder

Cheeks:
MAC Ripe Peach blush ombre (LE w/ Spring Colour Forecast '10)
MAC Stacked 2! (The peach color. LE w/ Spring Colour Forecast '10)

Lips:
MAC Cha Cha l/g (LE w/ Spring Colour Forecast '10)

How to get the look
Eyes:
  • Apply an eyeshadow base all over your lid. I used MAC Bare Canvas paint.
  • Apply the gold color from the Stacked 2!. With these crushed metal pigments, it's important to work the product into your brush before applying it to your lid. That way, it's much easier to control where the product goes and you won't get it all over your face :) I actually find fluffy brushes to work best for this! I used the MAC #217
  • Use a light orange/coral eyeshadow in your crease and blend it up quite high. I used MAC Straw Harvest for this.
  • Use an orange-y red color in your crease and blend it out without blending it up as high as the light orange color. I used MAC Hot Hot Hot e/s for this.
  • "Wing out" the red eyeshadow to create an effect that's a bit more dramatic. I kept everything quite nicely blended though, so this look isn't super dramatic.
  • Line your top lash line using a dark brown liner. I used MAC Dipdown fluidline.
  • Make two wings with the liner, following the shape of the "wing" you made with the red eyeshadow.
  • Line your waterline and outer part of your bottom lashline using the same dark brow liner.
  • Using the peach color from the Stacked 2!, I lined my inner bottom lashline. I also used the same color to smudge the brown liner on my bottom lid.
  • Apply mascara and false lashes and the eyes are done!
Face and cheeks:
  • Apply your foundation and powder of choice
  • Apply Ripe Peach blush ombre to the apples of your cheeks and blend out. I used a mix of both colors in the blush.
  • Use the peach color from the Stacked 2! to highlight your cheekbones.
Lips:

  • Apply Cha Cha lipglass to the lips, and the look is done!

 
 
 
 
 
 

 

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails