Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The MA(C)scara experiment: PRO Longlash



Before writing this review, I used the mascara every day for about a week. 
If you want to know more about what my MA(C)scara experiment is, take a look at my first post about it.

If you want to read about what I personally like in a mascara before reading the review, you can do so in this post.




The review
As I mentioned in my first post, the mascaras were given to all the MAC retail artists (in Denmark, at least) so that we could try them out and fill out a "mascara evaluation journal" which has some questions in it about each mascara. I won't be using the evaluation journal for the reviews though - I don't think it says enough about the product, and it's more geared towards how you would sell each mascara/who you would sell it to.
The mascaras were not given to me for the purpose of writing about it on my blog but I chose to do so to share my experience with you.

Overal
The effect this gave was very much like pro lash, but instead of actually giving more length (which I'd expect from the name), it just gave less volume. Not my favorite, MAC. Sorry.
It isn't all bad though! I mean... It didn't clump or anything...

Mascara facts:
  • Pro Longlash is only available in black (Pitchblack)
  • The mascara contains 9.0 g g/0.31 US oz. of product
  • The price is US $13.00 or DKK 125 where I live.

The Brush
Nothing special about the brush, honestly.
It works, but I don't think it's anything special.

Consistency
The formula is quite creamy, and I actually like that. Very easy to control, doesn't make my lashes hard when it dries and it doesn't seem to smudge or flake on me.
MAC claims that this mascara "curls and upsweeps with a natural effect" and I agree with them here.
 The over all effect is natural, but the mascara does do a good job at holding a curl. My lashes do have quite a bit of natural curl to them, but it's nice to have a mascara that helps the curl stay.

Ease of use
The combination of the standard brush and the creamy formula of the mascara makes the application of this mascara quite easy.
It didn't clump on me, but it wasn't really buildable either. Like with Pro Lash, you only need to spend time applying one layer, since any additional layers would be a waste of both product and time.

Before and after
Before
(please keep in mind, that my lashes are naturally very light in color, so it's hard to see them, but they're there!)

After
Click on the pictures to see full size :)
The best about it
It did a very good job with curling my lashes.

The worst about it
Not buildable, didn't give as much length as I had hoped.
Who would I recommend it for?
For someone who already has quite full lashes and just wants a natural mascara.

Would I use it again?
Probably not. I actually do like the more natural mascaras sometimes, but for that, I just prefer Dazzlelash. I like the brush better and I think it does a better job at separating and defining my lashes.

More information 
PRO Longlash on Makeup Alley

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails