I got a request to swatch Suarpill's Buttercupcake next to MAC Chrome Yellow eyeshadow and Primary Yellow pigment.
When I had swatched those three I figured I might as well swatch all of my yellow eyeshadows for good measure! ;)
I actually ended up not swatching them all. I have some limited edition shadows and some more orange yellows that I didn't include, but I hope this will be helpful anyway.
Click to see full size
- Sugarpill Buttercupcake eyeshadow: I find this color to be a combination between Chrome Yellow and Primary Yellow, actually. At first, I thought this was a bit more warm than the others, but looking at them now I don't really know.
- MAC Chrome Yellow eyeshadow: Since this was the color that opened up the world or yellow eyeshadow to me, it still holds a special place in my heart, even though I've now gotten Sugarpill's Buttercupcake and MAC Primary Yellow pigment ;)
- MAC Primary Yellow pigment (PRO): Probably my favorite matte yellow. I like the color payoff and even though it can be a little chalky I don't mind working with it.
- MAC Bright Sunshine (PRO): A bright, shiny yellow! I love this color :)
- Ben Nye Sun Yellow eyeshadow: Very, very much like MAC Bright Sunshine. I probably couldn't tell them apart if I didn't know which one was which.
- Makeup Store Sunset eyedust: This is probably the most unique color out of all of these! It's a yellow but has an orange tone to it, and there's some gorgeous pink/orange sparkle in it! Love!
- NYX Yellow Gold pearl mania: I prefer other loose shadows to the NYX pearl manias since they're very shiny and not so pigmented, but this yellow gold is quite nice.
- MAC Golden Lemon pigment: I really like this color, actually! I like that it's sparkly! It's like a very pale gold or very golden yellow.
- GOSH Pineapple effect powder: A smoother, less glittery version of Golden Lemon from MAC.
- Stargazer Yellow: Yes, it looks amazing and highlight yellow-ish. But honestly, it's probably the chalkiest color I've ever worked with. I had to really pack it on to get it to look like this. Such a pain in the butt!
And a close up of the three matte yellows to better show the difference
Click to see full size
- Sugarpill Buttercupcake eyeshadow - "The brightest bright matte yellow with awesome opaque coverage"
- MAC Chrome Yellow eyeshadow: "Vivid bright yellow (matte)"
- MAC Primary Yellow pigment (PRO): "Rich, radiant yellow (matte)"